Well it's nice that he was able to survive and not commit suicide like many people who struggle with their sexuality.
Secondly you state that you stand up against that which is not of God, guess what I was made just the same as you.
Perhaps all the preaching and ranting is just a subconcious way of dealing with something you have in common with your brother?
Whew so your children have never eaten shell fish, worn clothes of mixed fiber, and it must be a real pain in the grocery store finding grains that are specifically grown apart from others and not mixed?
One of my brothers did commit suicide. Secondly your issues with sexuality are
yours to be worked out between you and GOD. I am not one to judge I have sin in my life that I struggle with, that is just as bad but I'm not tring to make justify my sin and make it acceptable. I pray about it and hold myself accountable. Why would I need a subconcious wasy to deal with my brother? I love him just the way he is. If I was to hate him or hold him in a lesser light of love him less due to his orientation I would be a hypocrit. Did'nt Jesus associate with tax collectors and prostitutes? He didnt with hold his love from them. My brother is who he is. My issue again is taking something sacred set aside by the LORD for one man and one woman (says this thoughout the BIBLE) and redefining it into sinful terms. It seems to me that when someone disagrees with you on this issue of admendment #2 you try to say that they have issues with the homosexuals and hate. Ive said it many times I have no issues with homosexuals that is between them and GOD. But to attack that which GOD has annointed and twist it into something that he does not support it is my responsibility as a Christian to stand against that.
Now to the eating clean and unclean food. Didnt you ever read where Jesus says to us not to question which foods are clean or unclean. If someone whishes to eat or not eat something in honor of GOD it is not our place to attack them. He also spoke on the issue of which day was to be considered the true sabbath day, and used the same.
additionally in MARK 7 : 18 "you are no more intelligent than the others," JESUS said to them " Nothing that goes into a person from the outside can really make him unclean, 19. because it does not go into his heart but into his stomach and then out of the body." (in saying this Jesus is declairing that all foods are fit to be eaten)
1cor chapt 7 has alot to say about Mariage
col 3 : 5 you ,Just be put to death, thenn earthly desires at work in you, such as sexual immorality, indecency, lust,evil passions and greed. Becuase of such things GODS anger will come upon those who do not obey him.
leviticus 18 :22 No man is to have sexual relations with another Man: GOD hates that. ( meaning that GOD hates that sin, he still loves you!)
If we change GODS law on Marriage then we will bring down GODS wrath upon us all. So take a word that is not GODLY for your sinful desires (civil union) and get the same rights as a married person, but do not take that which GOD has made sacred, and turn it into sin. In changing a word that has been sacred to Christians is violating the seperation of church and state and forcing us to reconize Marriage in an UNGODLY light. So use a term that is not sacred, That is all I can ask for.
It is not my place to hate you for the way you choose to live, but it is my place to stand up for my faith which is coming under attack. How dare you try to paint me as a hypocrit with out knowing what JESUS says about unclean food. But yes I am a sinner same as you the difference is Im willing to accept the things I have done as sin and asked for forgivness and try really hard not to sin, and thanks to the blood shed by Jesus I am redeemed.