• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Interview Attire Advice Please

New posts

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Any HR people out there? After a long hiatus from the "corporate" world, I'm about to start interviewing again and would really appreciate advice about interview attire. Living at the beach, you notice that even bankers don't wear suits. Do employers still want applicants in suits for interviews for management/supervisory positions or is "dressing for success" more laid back? Thanks for your input! :D
 
I really don't think the requirement has changed, my daughter who is graduating from college soon, has been instructed by the Career Center at her school that dark suits are still the way to go.
 
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
I just had a really terrible case of deja-vu...

Miss Critter, best of luck. There's a thread on here that addresses this, and I don't have the intestinal fortitude to find it for you. Luv ya, but I'm outta here...:leaving:
 
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
I just had a really terrible case of deja-vu...

Miss Critter, best of luck. There's a thread on here that addresses this, and I don't have the intestinal fortitude to find it for you. Luv ya, but I'm outta here...:leaving:

:floor:...holee sheet! I thought the very same thing...please do not go find that thread. Something tells me Miss Critter actually wants advice. :biggrin:
 
Also Miss Critter, you can lighten up your suit with a light colored blouse or a grey or light tan suit.

If you google What to Wear to a Job Interview you will get some interesting reading.

of course as always it also depends on what job you are interviewing for and where.
 
holee sheet! I thought the very same thing...please do not go find that thread. Something tells me Miss Critter actually wants advice.

You are correct, Miss Kitty! I found the thread and am even more confused. I'm afraid my Hooter's waitressing days (if they ever existed) are just a tiny spec in the rearview mirror.

Pretty sure I would not have to wear the corporate suit after the interview, except for "executive meeting" type things. And what about men? Should they interview in coat and tie for a job that will ultimately mean wearing a golf shirt and khakis?

As for the pantyhose, I gave those up in the '90's, too. If you'll excuse me, I'm headed for the spray on tanning place. :D

I really do appreciate all of you, except for that coward NoHall! :lol:
 
You are correct, Miss Kitty! I found the thread and am even more confused. I'm afraid my Hooter's waitressing days (if they ever existed) are just a tiny spec in the rearview mirror.

Pretty sure I would not have to wear the corporate suit after the interview, except for "executive meeting" type things. And what about men? Should they interview in coat and tie for a job that will ultimately mean wearing a golf shirt and khakis?

As for the pantyhose, I gave those up in the '90's, too. If you'll excuse me, I'm headed for the spray on tanning place. :D

I really do appreciate all of you, except for that coward NoHall! :lol:

I resemble that...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top