• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Interview Attire Advice Please

New posts
Please note that NoHall's tar has the word "Hussey" in it!!!:floor::funn::clap::rofl::rolling:


(Close enough, you get the point!!!)
 
I'm a recruiter and send lots of people for interviews. My company specializes in Moms that are looking to on-ramp or off-ramp. So, we have lots of candidates returning to the workforce after several years at home. It never hurts to have on a suit for an interview and it may hurt if you don't. Just depends on the preferences of the person you are interviewing with. I have had several candidates NOT get jobs because they didn't wear a suit. If it isn't a suit, it needs to be pretty darn close. Of course I'm talking about professional level jobs -- and I'm not at the beach. But I think it still applies.
 
Pretty sure I would not have to wear the corporate suit after the interview, except for "executive meeting" type things. And what about men? Should they interview in coat and tie for a job that will ultimately mean wearing a golf shirt and khakis?

Suit, coat, tie, everything else in that family for interview purposes. It conveys a sense that you're serious about the interview, and show that you understand the rules of play for those occasions when you do have to dress up for work.
 
I hire folks all the time. It is ALWAYS in the person's favor to look their best and be in a suit, coat and tie, etc. It simply shows the interviewer that you are interested in the job and are willing to take the time and effort to look your best. :cool:
 
It never hurts to have on a suit for an interview and it may hurt if you don't.

Thank you. That's what I've always thought, too, but some of the job sites mention not being overdressed for the "culture." Difficult to decifer. :idontno:
 
That said, I will definitely follow your advice. Thanks much!
 
Female: Suit, or at least a dress. If in Walton County, no cleavage.

Chances are you won't have to dress like that every day, though, unless you are in a bank or in a courtroom.

Good luck!
 
If in Walton County, no cleavage.

Disregard, obviously, if applying for the Hooter's job mentioned on the other thread. :lol:
 
I'm a software tech and have always worn skirt, blouse and jacket to interviews. I have found that great shoes actually do get noticed. I have never worn panty hose and have never been turned down for a job (of course, I have great legs so there is that).
Second interviews I dress just as business like though sometimes shed the jacket and wear a nice sweater set instead.

Once on the job, it is usually business casual with jeans on Friday but they want to see that you are serious and that when clients come in, you will look presentable.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top