• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Ghosts and Angels

New posts
Spooky... I'd never heard of this before...parts of it kind of reminds me of a "real life" version of Anne Rice's The Witching Hour.

You can take a tour of the cave. My son and his wife live in Clarksville, TN. I don't think they are really that far from Adams, TN. He has mentioned wanting to do this but his wife is chicken. And he wants to visit that Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Kentucky also and take a haunted tour of it but she said no way to that either. Wished I could.
 
You can take a tour of the cave. My son and his wife live in Clarksville, TN. I don't think they are really that far from Adams, TN. He has mentioned wanting to do this but his wife is chicken. And he wants to visit that Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Kentucky also and take a haunted tour of it but she said no way to that either. Wished I could.

Sounds intriguing...although in some respects I'm a "bit" of chicken too;
in that I prefer definitively LIGHT spirits...ala John Edwards.
 
Spooky... I'd never heard of this before...parts of it kind of reminds me of a "real life" version of Anne Rice's The Witching Hour.

Huge Anne Rice fan here!:wub:

You can take a tour of the cave. My son and his wife live in Clarksville, TN. I don't think they are really that far from Adams, TN. He has mentioned wanting to do this but his wife is chicken. And he wants to visit that Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Kentucky also and take a haunted tour of it but she said no way to that either. Wished I could.


The cave is cool...I saw Waverly Hills on TV a few times. No chickens here!:roll:
 
Glad you made it out of your accident alive, LW. I will keep a look out for any old black man trying to tell me something from now on. What a story, hit twice. It is a miracle you survived! :wub: :cool: :clap:
 
Halloween​

Oct. 31, the eve of All Saints Day, observed with traditional games and customs. The word comes from medieval England 's All Hallows' eve (Old Eng. hallow = saint ). However, many of these customs predate Christianity, going back to Celtic practices associated with Nov. 1?the beginning of winter and the Celtic new year. Witches and other evil spirits were believed to roam the earth on this evening, playing tricks on human beings to mark the season of diminishing sunlight. Bonfires were lit, offerings were made of dainty foods and sweets, and people would disguise themselves as one of the roaming spirits, to avoid demonic persecution. Survivals of these early practices can be found in countries of Celtic influence today, such as the United States where children go from door to door in costumes demanding trick or treat.
 
I am scared to even drive past Waverly Hills. You can see it up on the hill when the leaves are down and it's always given me the willies.
 
It sounds scary....I found this site.:shock:​




Cool website. Thanks for sharing. My brother used to go up to Waverly when he was a teenager and they'd try to spend the night in there. (This is actually better known as breaking and entering; which got him a big lecture from his sister) Anyway he has lots of scary stories to tell and won't let his pre teen daughter set foot there.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top