• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Worry!

New posts
While faith and logic are not mutually exclusive, skepticism and mysticism usually are. Why in the world would you recall seeing something you don't believe exists?

Actually, faith and logic are in fact mutually exclusive, as the bulk of Christian Conservatives still defer to biblical teachings in the face of oh say, the science of Human Evolution.

But there is still hope for the religious masses. After all, the church taught that the Earth was the center of the Solar System (even hounding poor Galileo to recant his science) for centuries before reversing their opinion on this subject.

How long will modern Christianity embarrass itself with it?s current stance on science (Evolution) before it reverses it?s opinion?

I give it about another decade or so.

Truth, as most Christians love to claim they have a monopoly on, is surprisingly flexible and ever-changing
 
I will say that messiah is usally anthropomorphic by definition, but you're the one who brought up messiahs, and since you don't believe they exist they're as anthropomorphic as Santa Claus. (I can do this all day, Uncle Timmy. I learned the bulk of my good theology from an atheist. If you want to argue this with me, I should warn you that I'll end up crazy about you. I'm already halfway there.)

If you harbor any doubts about my stamina on these topics please visit the "Root Cause of Terrorism’ thread. I can do this all day and night.

Now back to the topic at hand. What would my reference to messiahs cause you to conclude that I don’t believe they existed? I have no problem with the fact that Jesus or Buddha or Mohamed were real people. I challenge the notion that they are divine.

You claimed that a logical theist is defined by their god, not the other way around. The original challenge to that notion still stands- As no god or deity has ever shown up to define anything, I must conclude that your definition is based not on any god, but on a messiah- an anthropomorphic representative of what you believe to be god.

Big jump there.
 
Last edited:
God's will is that "none" should perish. He's talking about people -- not plants and animals!!!

My personal experience with Christians who advocate a literal interpretation of the bible is that they are inclined to ‘interpret’ their own messages whenever it suits their fancy.

Can you quote a passage from the bible that specifies that the act of ’killing’ only applies to people?

If not then I expect that you either:

1) Agree that your god wills killing
2) The bible is not to be read literally
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top