• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Worry!

New posts
Logic and faith are not mutually exclusive. I would take the time to carefully explain it to you in small, objective words, but I need to go shopping with my mother for cute clothes. Go read something constructive while I'm gone. Start with Augustine, go to Pascal, skim through Kierkegaard (jeez, I hope I spelled him right!), and throw in some James and early Lewis. (Logical enough for ya?)



That's anthropomorphism. A logical theist believes that he is defined by God, not the other way around.

Gotta go. Peace out.
are u a misguided monosyllabic monotheist? or do u have a bumper sticker that sez "Nietzche saves"?
 
2000 years of inter-Christian warfare over differing interpretations of Jesus Christian says the idea is anything but easy.

I'm worried, very worried that your solution to worry and concern may spark a religious war.


Don't worry. We want everybody here, just be prepared to take heat AND dish it out.

No, don't go. All opinions are hopefully respected, even though it doesn't always show at first. Don't :leaving: . Besides you'll only keep comin' back. :idontno: It's funn to hear other people isn't it?:clap:
BTW, you can even do this:moon: sometime if you feel like it and people will forgive you usually. Just push the more button. Let it out. Get mad if you want. We're allowed here. :wub:

No need to leave, i was a bit worried you might be lost.:clap:


Oh, I can take the heat, but all I have to dish out is love and truth. Hope that's ok!!!

You must stay, because many of us have been here too long, and we need difference of opinion. Stay and play, and don't worry the small stuff.

:clap: ...you do not disappoint! I was hoping you'd catch that silver platter!

Yeah, Barb, you cannot leave. You added this exciting thread, and I'm sure more will follow. It is nice to hear others' thoughts, even if we all don't agree.

Y'all suck at having a war.

Only if we were fighting over religion, and seawalls.

And sea turtles and tents on the beach.


But I don't recall any god or deity showing up to explain things, they tend to work thru messiahs, no?


While faith and logic are not mutually exclusive, skepticism and mysticism usually are. Why in the world would you recall seeing something you don't believe exists?

Isn't a messiah anthropomorphic, by definition?

I will say that messiah is usally anthropomorphic by definition, but you're the one who brought up messiahs, and since you don't believe they exist they're as anthropomorphic as Santa Claus. (I can do this all day, Uncle Timmy. I learned the bulk of my good theology from an atheist. If you want to argue this with me, I should warn you that I'll end up crazy about you. I'm already halfway there.)
 
are u a misguided monosyllabic monotheist?

Nope. I'm just cranky at naptime. Sorry about that! (Wanna fight?)

or do u have a bumper sticker that sez "Nietzche saves"?

Hail, no. There are two other threads that detail my aversion to bumper sticker residue! (And you misspelled Neitzsche. Or Neitszche. I can't remember where the @#$% "s" goes.)
 
Geeezzzz!!! I'm out of popcorn, think I'll go play in the traffic and get me some adult refreshments when I get home.

By the way, if people are going to argue the Bible, they really do need to read it and understand what it says and what it doesn't say.

Good night, Chet
Good night, David
 
How do you post partial quotes like that please, NoHall, anybody? I quote the whole thing and delete what I don't want but that can be long. :idontno: There must be a very simple way but I have not figured it out yet.
 
Last edited:
How do you post partial quotes like that please, NoHall, anybody? I quote the whole thing and delete what I don't want but that can be long. :idontno: There must be a very simple way but I have not figured it out yet.

When you hit Quote or multi-quote, you get a reply box with the quote in it between bracketed QUOTE and /QUOTE, right? Just click in there and delete what you don't want to quote.

Or totally change it to say what it should have said, like this:

You're absolutely right, and logical as always! I'm getting a bumper sticker that says, "NoHall Saves!"

(Sorry, Bob! Just messin' with you!)
 
Nope. I'm just cranky at naptime. Sorry about that! (Wanna fight?)



Hail, no. There are two other threads that detail my aversion to bumper sticker residue! (And you misspelled Neitzsche. Or Neitszche. I can't remember where the @#$% "s" goes.)
I've done enough fighting for my lifetime and yours, no! What's in a name anyhow? Now namecalling is much more fun. The philosophers you referenced have something in common with most all great religious figures. Many of their personal lives were a wreck. I once asked Kurt this....could you spell Worchestershire as in the sauce? No help? I don't think 'ole what's his name could . Speaking of spellin that's some real minutiae, no?
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top