• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

My dad

New posts
i hope your father makes a speedy recovery and i hope he decides to start taking care of himself like he should. i must say i would probably be the same way if i was in his shoes.
 
I'm sending get-well wishes to your dad and hope-you-can-cope wishes to you! It's good to keep your dad off the road -- and use caution when anyone is in the car while he is driving until he starts using his medication. One of the things people miss most when they are ill is having a sense of control. So, maybe there's a way to give him a sense of control in managing the diabetes (e.g., he's in charge of his body, not the diabetes).
 
:bang: That's all I can think of Pea!!! I am glad to hear an update of his condition. Why oh why so stubborn?????
 
A wish for a quick recovery for your dad and patience for those having to see him not taking care of himself. It is really hard to "be a parent" to your parent. Prayers for you as well.
 
Oh Pea! :( I'm sorry to hear about your dad's troubles. Praying him right on in to a speedy recovery....


BC


P.S. I can relate to the hard head part. :oops:
 
We are praying for your dad...

On another note about Pea's dad...I heard kids in the hall at church on Sunday asking where the "candy guy" was. He carries a zillion starburst in his jacket pocket and hands them out to all the kids on Sunday morning. It's sweet.

:)
 
Oh, Percy! sorry about your dad's car accident - how scarey for you all. I know its hard for family to nag him about his health, maybe this accident will in some way be a wake up call! I hope the doctors and nurses are giving him some useful information about how to better manage. We have diabetics in my family (juvenile) and its really tough on the person (young and older) to do everything they need to be doing to manage their health.
 
Hey Pea,

Thanks for the update. I'll continue to send positive thoughts your way. Too bad they don't have a cure for stubborn! ;-) My Daddy was sweet and loving, but stubborn as a mule.

Great story from Beach Girl about your Dad and the StarBurst!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top