• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Lost Kayak - May 08 2006

New posts
Smiling JOe said:
IMG_4765.JPG


IMG_4804.JPG



These guys left their Ocean Kayak - Malibu Two on the Grayton Beach last night (May 08 2006) and the massive storm washed it off the beach. If found, please contact me and I will let them know.
I found a red bikini top... not much in it though.
 
sorry, sj, they sound like nice folks and are probably friends, but...

uh...did it have any distinguishing marks?

was it registered?

do you have the serial number or hull id number?

you might not want to claim it as probably some coastie or navy chopper pilot is reporting it right now and they're mounting an expensive search trying to find out who was in it that may have drowned - if its yours and they find it was empty and you just left it adrift, they'll be on the way to 'git ya' right quick

if its yours and registered to you look for it at the local pawn shops or flea markets

if it's yours,
I CAN"T BELIEVE YOU LEFT IT ON THE BEACH UNLOCKED IN THE FIRST PLACE

and it's probably a rental, so who cares, right? if it is a rental it will be registered to the rental company and will be back with them for the next idiot to leave on the beach

where are the paddles?

grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

enough punishment - i hope you find it and it isn't registered to you so you don't get charged

time for my meds now
 
AB, it is not mine. I was just taking some photos of the guys and when I saw them the next day at the beach, they told me what happened. They did say that the kayak belonged to them, not a rental. It looks like a new boat to me from the photos. Maybe graytonroc's will chime back in with the details to help identify it. With all of the westward push lately, my guess is that it is in Sandestin by now.
 
Beach Crazy said:
Geez! Some of y'all are some hard critics, I'm sure they already feel stupid enough:roll:

I agree! I'm glad to know there are still folks like S.J. out there who are willing to help complete strangers in need. Way to go Joe! Hope they find it.
 
Do they know for sure that it would have gotten washed out to sea? I would assume most people pull their canoes and kayaks up on the sand. The people that are next door to where we rent have a kayak or two under their carport across some supports. Hope someone didn't take it. And I hope it surfaces somewhere. Usually the mention of reward brings responses.
 
ladydebubba60 said:
Do they know for sure that it would have gotten washed out to sea? I would assume most people pull their canoes and kayaks up on the sand. The people that are next door to where we rent have a kayak or two under their carport across some supports. Hope someone didn't take it. And I hope it surfaces somewhere. Usually the mention of reward brings responses.
With the storm that we had that night, it is most probable that it was washed off the beach if they left it within 20 yards of the water line that day. They did report it to the Sheriff's Deputy. With all of the rentals around here rarely getting stolen, theft is not nearly as likely as getting washed to sea.
 
Smiling JOe said:
With the storm that we had that night, it is most probable that it was washed off the beach if they left it within 20 yards of the water line that day. They did report it to the Sheriff's Deputy. With all of the rentals around here rarely getting stolen, theft is not nearly as likely as getting washed to sea.

So do they get a fine because they left it on the beach? :idontno:
 
gilesdad said:
I agree! I'm glad to know there are still folks like S.J. out there who are willing to help complete strangers in need. Way to go Joe! Hope they find it.

:welcome: gilesdad! Love the avatar.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top