• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Looting?!?!?!?!?

New posts
I agree. It's absolutely sickening and mind-boggling.

But, at the same time, they are surrounded by chaos. I can imagine that no one in the midst of it is thinking in any way straight. They are all probably out of their mind with disbelief, anguish, and depression. Not that any of that excuses looting, but I'm just trying to wrap my mind around WHY someone would do it...
 
Can you imagine not being able to check on your property while that crap was going on?
 
I know this is never justified...But, if you are faced with having to feed kids over an extended period of time and you have nothing, and couldn't purchase food if you wanted to, then you might turn to this. I'm sure it wasn't just food that was stolen so no excuse there.

I think the food and water shortage is going to turn very ugly in the next week.

A lot of prayer is needed.
 
Some of the looting may be understandable. You have thousands of people living in a place where there's no electricity, no water, and most of these areas are still not accessible for the Red Cross or the federal government. Many be simply be worrying that they won't be able to feed their families - those leaving with grocery carts are somewhat understandable under the circumstances. The clothing and jewelry stores are not.
 
WaltonUndercurrent said:
Some of the looting may be understandable. You have thousands of people living in a place where there's no electricity, no water, and most of these areas are still not accessible for the Red Cross or the federal government. Many be simply be worrying that they won't be able to feed their families - those leaving with grocery carts are somewhat understandable under the circumstances. The clothing and jewelry stores are not.

Wonder how they will watch the color tv's without power :idontno:
 
irish9697 said:
I agree. It's absolutely sickening and mind-boggling.

But, at the same time, they are surrounded by chaos. I can imagine that no one in the midst of it is thinking in any way straight. They are all probably out of their mind with disbelief, anguish, and depression. Not that any of that excuses looting, but I'm just trying to wrap my mind around WHY someone would do it...


:( I figure some will loot no matter what. It's not necessarily the anguish of the situation but more the opportunity.

OTHERS may be in need of food or needs for survival - Is this "looting"? I don't have a name for it but wouldn't tag them as looters.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top