• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Looting?!?!?!?!?

New posts
I saw a sad clip- people looting diapers. I can't imagine having small children in the midst of this chaos.
 
OMG I just do not understand why some freaks have to kick you when your down, what they need is a good ole' can of whoop A**!!!!!!!! instead of looting they should be HELPING OUT THEIR COMMUNITY!!!!!!! :pissed:
 
RiverOtter said:
Wonder how they will watch the color tv's without power :idontno:

I wonder how they could pay for goods which they would buy if the tel lines allowed them to make credit card purchases. If you don't have cash in your pocket, you are screwed. Maybe people will at least get fed in jail. Making a blanket statement about looting is difficult to do, given the severe circumstances, depending on items being looted. I am sure people will be in need of clothes, too.
 
I can't even imagine someone stranded in a flooded city like this worrying about stealing electronics or other items that they can't use and don't need. Food, I can understand. These people are desperate. They don't know what's going to happen.
 
I'm more inclined to think of the guy's family who owns the store. He's busting his butt to make a living and feed his own family.
 
Landlocked said:
I'm more inclined to think of the guy's family who owns the store. He's busting his butt to make a living and feed his own family.

In many cases, without insurance, these store owners won't have anything left to sell anyway - perishable items in particular. I certainly hope all of these owners have insurance to cover their losses.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way. Stealing is wrong. There are circumstances where I think trying to save your life is more important than a shop owner's profits.
 
RiverOtter said:
I bet that 99.9% of the people who own homes and businesses in MS and LA did not have flood insurance. Which would mean they have lost everything.

Probably not the case in NOLA, since flood is required to get a mortgage. I.E., not optional. Since NOLA floods in a heavy rain, flood ins. is very common. However, eastern NOLA, the area you are seeing on tv, is desperately poor. Wouldn't be surprised if there is no insurance. Also, renters don't often get insurance.

The looting is occurring near housing projects. One reason people are reluctant to evacuate, including myself, is because of the potential for looting, always a problem in a city as poor as NOLA. Martial law has been declared.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top