• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

It's Official, I'm Blind

New posts
ladydebubba60 said:
:eek: I'm with you destindreamin, I hate that glaucoma test also. Nearly jump half off the stool. Haven't had an eye exam in 5 years probably. It's not that I don't want to go and get some new glasses. I have to wear progressive no line bifocals now and a pair of glasses for my husband and myself would be around $600.00. He needs a eye exam also. Has been almost as long for him. I am nearsighted but to be honest, I cannot see very well up close or far off without glasses. Everything is a blur. Cannot even see sometimes to find my glasses.

Lady, if you can't find your glasses, it's time to go to the eye guy. ;-)
This was the first time I think since I was a kid that I have been to an eye dr.
I just figured if I read the eye chart at the Motor vehicles, my eyes were ok :rofl:

Everyone is telling me that once I get the glasses, things will look much different, and I didn't think I really had a problem.
You really should go lady..........
 
welcome to the blind as a bat club - i have been a member since the 4th grade. i wear the original coke bottle lenses ! i try to get frames with a little pizazz if you know what i mean. i like color and rhinestones, etc. esp. my sunglasses. i also have contacts, have worn them since i was 13. there are pluses and minuses to them too. i hate the air-puff test, sometimes i'm tempted to punch my eye doctor in the groin when he does it, but since he is the nicest man on the face of the planet i refrain. btw - my eye docs name is - are you ready - dick weiner - no joke. :blink: i believe i will soon be joining the bifocal club too. wow - something to look forward to !
 
Well, it seems as if Destiny's eyes are older.
I wear multifocal contacts from Sunsoft. I have glasses when I take my contacts out. I really am legally blind in my left eye due to macular damage.
I was not able to wear contacts for years due to astigmatism but now I love them. I can put on my sunglasses and still see everything I need to.
I tried the prescription lenses that change inside to outside and did not like them. Everything was hazy all the time. My contacts are clear and I see very well with them. Bifocals were ok but multifocals are better for me.
 
Destiny said:
Well, it seems as if Destiny's eyes are older.
I wear multifocal contacts from Sunsoft. I have glasses when I take my contacts out. I really am legally blind in my left eye due to macular damage.
I was not able to wear contacts for years due to astigmatism but now I love them. I can put on my sunglasses and still see everything I need to.
I tried the prescription lenses that change inside to outside and did not like them. Everything was hazy all the time. My contacts are clear and I see very well with them. Bifocals were ok but multifocals are better for me.

Thanks for the tip. I was considering trying the ones that go from inside to outside because I have been sensitive to light. Good to get an opinion on those. :cool:
 
Mango said:
Thanks for the tip. I was considering trying the ones that go from inside to outside because I have been sensitive to light. Good to get an opinion on those. :cool:

i didn't care for the inside to outside either. they didn't get dark enough for me, and also seemed to take too long to change.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top