• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

It's Official, I'm Blind

New posts

Mango

SoWal Insider
Well not blind, but found out I need glasses so I can see things far away.
The good news is I have better than perfect vision to see things close up, but that may not be a good thing all the time :eek: Asked the doc of he could flip a switch and change it, but he said not to worry, that will be next to go soon :lol:
So now I am looking for rims. Not sure if I should go for the hip Pradas, rhinestones, or a cool color (like Miss Kitty)
I think I 'll get these below for when I come home with them as goof. :floor:

What do you think? :funn:
 
Last edited:
Mango said:
Well not blind, but found out I need glasses so I can see things far away.
The good news is I have better than perfect vision to see things close up, but that may not be a good thing all the time :eek: Asked the doc of he could flip a switch and change it, but he said not to worry, that will be next to go soon :lol:
So now I am looking for rims. Not sure if I should go for the hip Pradas, rhinestones, or a cool color (like Miss Kitty)
I think I 'll get these below for when I come home with them as goof. :floor:

What do you think? :funn:

I love the red ones!!! Seriously though, I vote for colored rims. I have a pair of 99 cent reading glasses that have olive green rims and everyone asks me where I got them and always compliments me when wearing them. Go figure. I'm very blind, both close up and far away. Refuse to wear glasses all the time, and contacts are just waaaaaay too much trouble :roll: . Too chicken for Lasix. Who knows what I've been missing?
p.s.--I also hate that little test the eye doc does where they blow air into your eyes!! It scares the crap out of me--every time!
 
:eek: I'm with you destindreamin, I hate that glaucoma test also. Nearly jump half off the stool. Haven't had an eye exam in 5 years probably. It's not that I don't want to go and get some new glasses. I have to wear progressive no line bifocals now and a pair of glasses for my husband and myself would be around $600.00. He needs a eye exam also. Has been almost as long for him. I am nearsighted but to be honest, I cannot see very well up close or far off without glasses. Everything is a blur. Cannot even see sometimes to find my glasses.
 
DD : Did you cockapoo? :lolabove:
Audie: that was a classic line....... :biggrin:
 
mr. dd has been trying to find new contacts now for about a month. eye doc keeps giving him new ones to try...and it seems his whole life now revolves around contacts!! not for me, would cut into my sowal time! he keeps bugging me to go have an exam--guess i'm gonna have to give it up and go to shut him up. Mango--there's "Prada" frames on ebay. heck, there's everything on ebay.
 
The air blowing was strange, but dialating the eyes was weird too. Then they giveyou those 3D paper sunglasses to wear home. ;-)
 
Mango said:
DD : Did you cockapoo? :lolabove:
Audie: that was a classic line....... :biggrin:

:floor: That audie, she's craaaaazy!!
Yep, cockapoo every time they blast that air in my eyes!!
 
destindreamin said:
mr. dd has been trying to find new contacts now for about a month. eye doc keeps giving him new ones to try...and it seems his whole life now revolves around contacts!! not for me, would cut into my sowal time! he keeps bugging me to go have an exam--guess i'm gonna have to give it up and go to shut him up. Mango--there's "Prada" frames on ebay. heck, there's everything on ebay.

I am going to try contacts too. Heard you have to go to a contact fitter for that. So complicated. Maybe if I like them, I will get some funn colored ones if they look natural enough. I remember years ago, you could tell they were phony. I am an e-bayer. Found some great bargains on that. :clap_1:
 
Mango said:
I am going to try contacts too. Heard you have to go to a contact fitter for that. So complicated. Maybe if I like them, I will get some funn colored ones if they look natural enough. I remember years ago, you could tell they were phony. I am an e-bayer. Found some great bargains on that. :clap_1:

I had the colored ones years ago--they did look fake--kinda scary really! Last exam I did have, they told me I had to get bi-focal contacts or wear one for close up and one for far away. also told me if I did that, it would take some time before I didn't feel drunk. So, just got glasses--which I now don't wear.

I LOVE :wub: ebay. I try to stay off it though, because before I know it, I've bought all kinds of crap that I sure don't need. It's not good when I get bored, cause that's when I drift over there......evil place!
 
I don't drift there, but if I am looking for something specific, I sometimes find a few things I like. They you start spending money. I only look for things I can't find usually in the store. I just bought a bunch of cool vintage Scooby Doo things for my nephews room.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top