• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Worry!

New posts
Quote on the day"different in our beliefs". Perfect! The idea that "I am the way", or it's the highway to hell for you is rooted in ignorance devoid of love. Let's see, where do we find large groups of people thinking alike preoccupied by fear and ruled by stifling control?????

You're stereotyping, dear. :nono1:

Barb has been nothing but loving!

Don't make me throw down on you and all your kind...oops, wait a minute...:blush:
 
Last edited:
Texas Death match tonight on TNT....logic versus faith. Who wears the dark mask? Who dons the white cape? Can they both coexist?
 
Well, I hate to open a big ?ole can of worries here but the following question must be asked:

Before you heave all of your earthy worries out the window in favor of prayer; what deity are you advocating praying to?

A Catholic version of Jesus?, A fundamentalist version of Jesus? A Mormon version of Jesus?, Jahweeh?, Zeus?, Ahura Mazda?, Thor?, Shiva?, Ganesh?

Or are they all equally acceptable?

Does the possibility that you might be praying to the wrong deity cause concern? Anxiety? Worry?
 
Since that many people are worrying about Hillary getting elected, perhaps they should stay home and pray and not go to the polls. :idontno:
 
A question for Barb....Barb, I am curious about how you ended up on this board. :idontno:

Brownies are in the oven.
 
Last edited:
You're stereotyping, dear. :nono1:

Barb has been nothing but loving!

Don't make me throw down on you and all your kind...wait a minute...:blush:
The comment is only unkind if not taken as a challenge but an insult. Tonight after watching Jeopardy, and getting the final Jeopardy question right for the 54th time in a row, you'll go to bed wondering about the same unanswerable question we all ask. Does Alex Trebeck still live with his mother??
 
Texas Death match tonight on TNT....logic versus faith. Who wears the dark mask? Who dons the white cape? Can they both coexist?

Logic and faith are not mutually exclusive. I would take the time to carefully explain it to you in small, objective words, but I need to go shopping with my mother for cute clothes. Go read something constructive while I'm gone. Start with Augustine, go to Pascal, skim through Kierkegaard (jeez, I hope I spelled him right!), and throw in some James and early Lewis. (Logical enough for ya?)

Well, I hate to open a big ?ole can of worries here but the following question must be asked:

Before you heave all of your earthy worries out the window in favor of prayer; what deity are you advocating praying to?

A Catholic version of Jesus?, A fundamentalist version of Jesus? A Mormon version of Jesus?, Jahweeh?, Zeus?, Ahura Mazda?, Thor?, Shiva?, Ganesh?

Or are they all equally acceptable?

Does the possibility that you might be praying to the wrong deity cause concern? Anxiety? Worry?

That's anthropomorphism. A logical theist believes that he is defined by God, not the other way around.

Gotta go. Peace out.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top