• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What's in your beach fridge?

New posts

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
What are five things you'll never be without in your beach fridge? Ours are:

* Frozen limeade for World's Best Margaritas
* Deviled eggs
* Our favorite coffee blend, Graffeo, brought from home
* Key Lime Pie from the D&K Cafe
* A big jug of sweet ice tea
 
Donna said:
What are five things you'll never be without in your beach fridge? Ours are:

* Frozen limeade for World's Best Margaritas
* Deviled eggs
* Our favorite coffee blend, Graffeo, brought from home
* Key Lime Pie from the D&K Cafe
* A big jug of sweet ice tea

When are you in town...I want to raid your fridge! Great thread idea...

Ozarka water from home

Shrimp salad from Mod's

Cole slaw from Mod's

milk

honeymoneymaker's beer and margarita mix

kids used to always get to have those disgusting drinks in the plastic squeeze bottles...but only at the beach!
 
I make sure I keep some stuff in a locked pantry for when I/we go to the cottage and need a quick cheap meal and am too tired to go grocery shopping, especially after arriving from a flight and I'm in a hurry to get to the cottage/porch/beach. I keep cans of tuna, cans of anchovies, jars of olives, dried tomatoes, dried Italian herbs, some hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper, olive oil, pasta, and a bottle of wine at the cottages. Then, when I'm there alone and want a quick but delicious meal, I make pasta puttanesca. I don't make it at home so it always seems special when I'm at the cottages. It works well for dining alone or with guests (although I ask guests if they want the anchovies).
 
shakennotstirred said:
Yes, we'll be doing lots of jello shots in a couple weeks if that Red Tide doesn't go away!
I love jello shots, but have never made them. Got a favorite recipe you'd like to share?

We will be in Seagrove 10/8-10/22 and can't wait to get there. Last year we only got 2 days worth of SoWal before Ivan ran us out. Hope for better weather this year!

Also, bringing the motorcycle for the first time. Anybody down there ride? :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top