• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

We heart Yandell!

New posts
I'm sorry but I think I'd be nice to start your own thread endorsing your own candidate instead of posting on Tim's. I may be partial but Tim has just as much experience (maybe more) and a higher education. His positions are VERY clear and he has a lot invested in the school system.
 
I'm sorry but I think I'd be nice to start your own thread endorsing your own candidate instead of posting on Tim's. I may be partial but Tim has just as much experience (maybe more) and a higher education. His positions are VERY clear and he has a lot invested in the school system.

I agree- this thread is about Tim, and discussion about other candidates on such a sincere and heartfelt thread is not really nice.
 
I hope that Tim refines his positions, gains experience and tries again in the future.:clap:

I normally wouldn't respond in this situation but I wanted to clarify as far as your statement on "gaining experience." I have a Bachelor's Degree in Business as well as an M.B.A. and extensive management/budgeting experience. If you are referring to gaining more political experience, I have readily admitted that I am not a professional politician, nor do I aspire to be. In my opinion, politics has no place on the school board.
 
This is the ONE race that I have followed. I will be voting for Tim. He is a fine candidate. period. This thread isn't about other candidates, if it were I could give you 10 VERY founded reasons as to why I would NEVER vote for "that other guy."
 
This is the ONE race that I have followed. I will be voting for Tim. He is a fine candidate. period. This thread isn't about other candidates, if it were I could give you 10 VERY founded reasons as to why I would NEVER vote for "that other guy."

Romeosmydog,

Is Tim a Registered Republican? Robert Nelson is. And a strong advocate for the Rebublican values as well. Good thing too. This does matter in a School Board race, believe it or not. I understand Ms. Wilkerson is a Registered Democrat. In the end, however, she will most likely win, like it or not.
 
Again, this isn't about ...whatshisface. THIS thread is titled WE HEART YANDELL. Go politic for your boy on another thread.

But since you brought it up, I will take the bait and say that I AM A DEMOCRAT and VERY proud of it. :wave:

I wont hold it against Tim for being a republican because he is the best candidate for the job.

Romeosmydog,

Is Tim a Registered Republican? Robert Nelson is. And a strong advocate for the Rebublican values as well. Good thing too. This does matter in a School Board race, believe it or not. I understand Ms. Wilkerson is a Registered Democrat. In the end, however, she will most likely win, like it or not.
 
After starting anew and looking at everything with fresh eyes this morning, I realize it was wrong of me to add my thanks to Idle's post in this thread yesterday. As others have said, this is Tim's thread. I think I have gotten used to throwing thanks around on the Sheriff's race, since that is the biggest one affecting my family's stability but the one I can say the least about.

And even though my signature screams who I have spent an enormous amount of my time and energy supporting, I did want to come back on here because I personally know beachyteachy, and Fuzz personally knows Tim. We consider them friends. I believe they understand and respect my position, and I certainly understand and respect theirs.

I really really REALLY wish y'all lived in School Board District 5...:blush:
 
I want to personally apologize to Mr. Yandell and his supporters for my post yesterday. I honestly meant it as a complement on a well run campaign and did not in any way mean my comments as a negative. I only wished to say that the decision was difficult due to the quality of all the candidates and that I wished Mr. Yandell well. My hope is that regardless of the results Tuesday, he remains in the process. Walton County definitely needs more quality young men and women to step up to the plate and one with integrity and education is a keeper. Again I apologize and wish Mr. Yandell the best on Tuesday.

Thanks also for the "thanks" shallows, I hope it was because you understood where I was trying to go. Sorry to drag you into my error.
 
It's all good. :blush:

I want to personally apologize to Mr. Yandell and his supporters for my post yesterday. I honestly meant it as a complement on a well run campaign and did not in any way mean my comments as a negative. I only wished to say that the decision was difficult due to the quality of all the candidates and that I wished Mr. Yandell well. My hope is that regardless of the results Tuesday, he remains in the process. Walton County definitely needs more quality young men and women to step up to the plate and one with integrity and education is a keeper. Again I apologize and wish Mr. Yandell the best on Tuesday.

Thanks also for the "thanks" shallows, I hope it was because you understood where I was trying to go. Sorry to drag you into my error.
 
Even though I am a registered Republican, I vote for the candidate that I think will do the best job, regardless of affiliation. Wish more people thought along those lines.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top