I bought this product from Garlic Research Labs and it worked great. You put it in a sprayer and on a day that you know you won't get any rain for a at least a day afterward, you spray it. It's pretty potent smelling, but it worked so good, I didn't need to do it for another month. You can't smell it after 6 hours. You spray tree trunks and grass with it, anywhere where the bugger will hide out. I bought it mainly for a mosquito repellent, but it also works to repels ticks. You also spray pretty heavily along the edges of your property to keep them from coming on your property. I haven't seen a tick on my dog or self all summer. I am not sure how much anaplasma you have in Sowal, but they do have a vaccine for dogs against Lyme disease that is supposed to be pretty effective, however, I don't get it for my dog because Lyme is not the only infection, so why bother? Anaplasma is pretty prevalent here and I have to imagine it is everywhere, especially in moist areas.
But, the best natural repellent that myself and others have found and experimented with is rose geranium. In studies conducted by friends of mine who have gotten Lyme and are landscapers, rose geranium seems to send ticks running for the hills. The Garlic spray will have instructions for how much water to product. The rose geranium is one part RG to 6 parts water or whatever you can tolerate. Also, eucalyptus oil works pretty good if you have a problem with rose geranium or you can mix the two. Use a dark spray bottle and keep out of the sun. Soaking a bandana overnight in one of these mixtures and tying it on your dogs neck is very helpful. Wear white socks over your pants and spray it on your legs (since ticks crawl upwards toward carbon dioxide)
Personally, I use Vectra 3D now on my dog because it repels ticks, but if it attaches, it paralyzes the jaw of it, so hitchhikers can't bite anyone else or bite long enough to cause disease in your dog, but that is not a natural product. I use them all and haven't seen a tick on my dog all summer and he goes in the woods, not to mention that I have had deer bedding down on my property. I also have many cherry trees they are attracted to, also. I would prefer not use chemicals, but I have seen too many dogs get very sick and lame, even die from tick borne diseases.
If you have a small yard, the natural stuff, if diligently used, will work like a charm.
http://www.garlicbarrier.com/