• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Things that mess with your head....

New posts
I'll go first...




HOW SMART IS YOUR RIGHT FOOT?

This is hysterical. You have to try this. It is absolutely true. I guess there are some things that the brain cannot handle.

HOW SMART IS YOUR RIGHT FOOT?

You have to try this please, it takes 2 seconds. I could not believe this! It is from an orthopaedic surgeon............ This will confuse your mind and you will keep trying over and over again to see if you can outsmart your foot, but, you can't. It is pre-programmed in your brain!

1. While sitting at your desk in front of your computer, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

2. Now, while doing this, draw the number '6' in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction.

I told you so! And there's nothing you can do about it! You and I both know how stupid it is, but before the day is done you are going to try it again, if you've not already done so.
:biggrin:
 
I'll go first...




HOW SMART IS YOUR RIGHT FOOT?

This is hysterical. You have to try this. It is absolutely true. I guess there are some things that the brain cannot handle.

HOW SMART IS YOUR RIGHT FOOT?

You have to try this please, it takes 2 seconds. I could not believe this! It is from an orthopaedic surgeon............ This will confuse your mind and you will keep trying over and over again to see if you can outsmart your foot, but, you can't. It is pre-programmed in your brain!

1. While sitting at your desk in front of your computer, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

2. Now, while doing this, draw the number '6' in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction.

I told you so! And there's nothing you can do about it! You and I both know how stupid it is, but before the day is done you are going to try it again, if you've not already done so.
:biggrin:

That is TOO bizarre!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to pass that one on it is sooooooooo good!

LOL I am still scratching my head (but not while rubbing my tum!) :biggrin::biggrin:

G
 
THIS effect is partly due to the normal difference in height between hand and foot.That difference, in conjunction with gravity and the earth’s rotation, is enough to affect the body’s highly sensitive limb rotation mechanisms.If you eliminate this difference (for instance,by lying down and holding your right leg and arm at about the same height),your right foot will be unaffected.However, if you reverse this height difference (for instance,by positioning your right leg above your head and your right hand nearer the floor),the effect will be even more marked.This is probably because,with this posture,your head is in a silly position too.

FYI

G
 
I don't like it that my auto-pilot brain overwrites my other brain. I couldn't make my foot not do a reverse when I wrote the "6." Even though I wanted to!!!!

But now I want to know how on earth they discovered this. Please tell me it was a weird fluke because if this is what scientists do, I'm going to start laughing. As my foot is reversing. :biggrin:
 
.
Orthopedic surgeon humor huh? You gotta love those guys!:lol:
I need to pass this one on also.


.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top