• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Thank you and a dog question

New posts

melissa

Beach Lover
I love this website! Many thanks to all who make it so interesting! The beachcam was great--it helped me throught last summer when I lived too far away to get down there. Thanks also to everyone providing such great information and photographs these last few days. Your selflessness and kindness has blown me away! I am not a propery owner there :( but my aunt is so we are spoiled by having such easy access to that little piece of heaven! :wub: Grayton has a very special place in my heart!!

I am hoping you can provide some suggestions for us. We are coming down to Grayton from Atlanta the second week of August and the house where we will be staying does not allow dogs. We have a four year old lab mix, and she has seizures. I would like to bring her with us to board somewhere nearby. Being the worrywart, I want to be closer than a 5 hour drive in case something happens!
Thanks so much!
 
I may be wrong but I think I saw a vet clinic just down the road from Grayton in Dune Allen. Maybe around the school? Kurt, Joe? Was I seeing things?
 
My brother in law has a lab that has seizures. It is a terrible thing to witness. He used to be a great bird hunting dog but can't do it anymore because he could have a seizure in the water. Bad stuff.
 
Yeah, it's not fun seeing the seizures. Her last seizure was very bad -- about 35-40 minutes before the vet snapped her out of it with valium and phenobarbital injections!!
BTW, War Eagle!
 
WDE!!!

When buddy has them, he flips completely over on his back and is stiff as a board. You feel so bad for him. His medication is through the roof, too. $$ Poor guy!
 
Yes there is a vet by the school - Kindness pet hospital 850-267-3955, and one on 98 by the good will - santa rosa animal hospital 850-267-0340.

They will have numbers for boarders.
 
Kindness Pet Hospital
30 A (near school and Elmos I think)

Phone 850-267-3955
Hope this helps as I too have a dog with this problem.
Chris
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top