• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Sand Flea

New posts

cpete

Beach Lover
Anybody know the best way to hook a sand flea onto pompano rig (where on the sand flea) so I don't cast it right off. I was able to catch a half dozen about the size of my big toe. I'm not expecting to catch much if any, but I thought I'd wade out and throw it past the sand bar and see what happens.

I've got my license too.

Thanks!!

:D
 
Right through the gullet so you pierce the shell. The hard shell is pretty tough and helps to keep the flee on the hook.
 
:blink: Isn't a sand flea what I considered a sand crab, well when I was young anyway. They are about the size of a thumb and are gray with a hard shell and burrow under the wet sand. I used to scoop up handfuls of sand all the time just to try and catch them.
 
What is a sand flea anyway? :idontno: I thought it was a no-see-um or something like that.
 
LDB we posted at the same time. Why would you want to catch one of those? Yuck! :floor:
 
I know. These things I used to catch when young were gray and the size I stated and had a rounded looking back. They had little feet on them. But these were not what I considered no seeums! I was a kid. And you know kids, they catch anything! Too Far Tampa, I have put a picture of a sand flea and sand crab both under the general photo gallery. I have tried to get a picture in here but never seem to manage to be able to! The sand crabs are what I used to catch in the wet sand when I was younger.
 
John, those are what I used to catch. That mole crab and the sand crab picture I found appear to be the same thing!
 
Sand flea. They're my buddies. Just jab a hook through them and let them fly!

what%20kind%20sand%20flea.jpg
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top