• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Public vs Private Beach [threads merged]

New posts
John G, I do not think anyone is disputing the fact that the Beach Activities Ordinance has been unevenly enforced or even has been ignored. I support stepping up enforcement and think most residents feel the same way.
 
Dave R., Do you feel this is being properly Enforced? Yes or No?

I am going to guess that it is not and that is a very relevant point John. I just saw yesterday that they made some staff full time to hopefully address this; clearly that is not going to be enough. I would say that should be the main focus of Beach Front Homeowners and I would stand with all of you in that effort. I am happy to help in any way. I'm sure you would remember I made that issue a central point of my comments to the Beach Access Workshop panel some months ago. I completely agree that this MUST be addressed so Beach Front Homeowners have a quick and efficient system looking out for the the need for peace and quiet behind their homes. It's clear that that is a central issue and flashpoint that got us to this point.
 
Holy Cow, did I read the last two posts from Danny G and Dave R correct?

We (the three of us) are actually in agreement that Enforcement of the Ordinances are a core problem?

We may actually be getting somewhere.
 
There is absolutely no reason that enforcing the BAO is not a priority and that the TDC does not hire enough people to make sure it is fairly and evenly enforced. I consider enforcement officers and the equipment and training they need to be infrastructure supporting tourism. I include removing those trespass signs as being part of enforcing the BAO.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top