• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Point Washington Shooters Amongst Us

New posts

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
For nearly two hours this afternoon, in the Point Washington RESIDENTIAL area, some moron(s) decided it appropriate to unload HUNDREDS of rounds of automatic and semi-automatic weaponry. Just so you will know, oh great "hunters", other than being severely crass and inappropriate in the wake of yesterday's massacre, your pathetic display of testosterone put utter fear in the hearts and minds of my children, our pets, and even our neighbors. How F'n stupid are you?! As my daughter said her prayers tonight, she prayed for the dead children from yesterday, and prayed that she would be safe FROM THE SHOOTERS SO NEAR OUR HOME TODAY! Does that make you happy?

To the "hunters" in the woods across from the SRB Publix around 6pm tonight, does it really take you 90+ shots from a weapon to kill your prey? How sorry of a "hunter" can you be? I am a long-time hunter, and a military marksman.....it doesn't take that many shots to hit anything unless you suck as a shooter.

Be proud. Hope you don't shoot yourself in the foot.:pissed:

(p.s. I'm pro-gun ownership for those who are intelligent enough to handle one.....you are NOT included in that thought.)
 
How close is that to your home and surrounding homes? I have a similar issue, I live in a deed restricted neighborhood, but a neighbor right outside my development (25 yards) shoots all the time and the authorities say its "ok" because he's on his own private property. Yet, we all have kids, pets, and families literally next door to this Moron.

As with the horrible, horrific Newtown shooting and others that my heart and prayers go out to all of those people, it's not the guns that are the issue (I'm pro gun for those properly trained and sane to own one). I believe if they banned guns only those that commit the crimes would have them. I feel other things can help in a much greater way.


When my daughter attended a local elementary school here in SRB a few years ago (a great school with great teachers), she came home from school one day and said a boy in her class keeps drawing pictures that show him holding a gun and pointing it at her head. She said the teacher took the picture(s) he drew from him. We immediately set up an appointment with the school and in the end, which amounted to an approximate 20-30 minute meeting with the teacher, principle and our daughter, my wife and I left with the feeling, "why did we even report this", as the teacher was upset with "us" that we "did not contact her first". She said she never saw a picture of a gun and or threw it out. We were told in our meeting the following; the little boys parents are divorced, his father hunts hence the gun pics, etc., and, that it's all due to the little boy probably having a crush on our daughter and that we'll see he will want to date our daughter later in high school, "I don't think so".


I'm sure they did "their job" and followed protocol, into looking into that incident, BUT, we never felt comfortable as parents about it to this day. The fact they lead us to feel it's nothing was not ok with us, I think if the "parents" are made to feel comfortable, perhaps meeting with that child or his parents would have helped, maybe even a follow up. We were discouraged from doing anything further and completely let it go. I think too many little signs are swept under the rug, we need to re-define what is “normal” behavior.


To surmise, I think there are signs of evil prior to most tragedies, and there should be a system in place, some group, intervention, some social/psychological system that anyone who falls into a "questionable action" = “not normal” receives help and that child or adult of that child has his or her weapons(s) banned. And if it's a minor, then the guardian of that minor has his or her weapons band. Just my 2 cents, food for thought.

 
Last edited:
It would be a good idea to stay out of the Pt. Washington State Forest right now. There seems to be a pickup truck parked at every road and trail going in, which means hunters. Of course they can legally hunt there, but it also means we can't safely go for a hike.
 
For nearly two hours this afternoon, in the Point Washington RESIDENTIAL area, some moron(s) decided it appropriate to unload HUNDREDS of rounds of automatic and semi-automatic weaponry. Just so you will know, oh great "hunters", other than being severely crass and inappropriate in the wake of yesterday's massacre, your pathetic display of testosterone put utter fear in the hearts and minds of my children, our pets, and even our neighbors. How F'n stupid are you?! As my daughter said her prayers tonight, she prayed for the dead children from yesterday, and prayed that she would be safe FROM THE SHOOTERS SO NEAR OUR HOME TODAY! Does that make you happy?

To the "hunters" in the woods across from the SRB Publix around 6pm tonight, does it really take you 90+ shots from a weapon to kill your prey? How sorry of a "hunter" can you be? I am a long-time hunter, and a military marksman.....it doesn't take that many shots to hit anything unless you suck as a shooter.

Be proud. Hope you don't shoot yourself in the foot.:pissed:

(p.s. I'm pro-gun ownership for those who are intelligent enough to handle one.....you are NOT included in that thought.)

I was at Publix last night and heard that, too. Must have been at least 20 shots before I went into the store from the parking lot. I was wondering what the heck was going on back in the woods!
 
I didnt call the sheriff because even automatic weapons are still legal, and ignorance and crassness are unfortunately unregulated. Guns + testosterone - common sense = the ignorant amongst us.
 
A good hunter only needs 2 bullets. One to sight in the rifle preseason and one to shoot the deer.
 
Here's my 2 cents worth on guns and the 2nd Amendment. In Vietnam, I carried a .45 with me on every flight I went on. All military personnel, as far as I know, must qualify with a weapon. Now, for my take on assault and automatic weapons in the hands of gun owners. There is absolutely no sane reason for assault weapons to be in the hands of civilians except for those in law enforcement. They may be fun to shoot but that is unnecessary for those who are not in the service of our country or our law enforcement branches. Find your "fun" in another manner. If you wish a hand gun to protect your property or self, that is fine. If you desire a rifle for hunting, give the animals a chance. We need to ban all assault type weapons under strict circumstances in the nation and that has nothing to do with gun control, it has to do with sensible gun regulation.
 
I agree about the need for an assault weapon. However, I do not trust today's lawmakers to stop their Gun Prohibition at assault weapons. Once they are able to ban one gun, the remainder of the guns covered by the 2nd Amendment are in jeopardy. Just a matter of time and political clout.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top