• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Markets tumbling down

New posts
I did manage to buy gold and silver last fall. Want to buy crude - real crude, but I don't have a commodities account and have been advised on an ETF - what is it - USO, maybe?

Gold - MWAH right now.
 
I did manage to buy gold and silver last fall. Want to buy crude - real crude, but I don't have a commodities account and have been advised on an ETF - what is it - USO, maybe?

Gold - MWAH right now.

Gold is good. I jsut want to visit my gold. Where is it?
 
Soon, nothing will be worth anything at all--not even GOLD. I am now growing my own vegetables this Spring, shopping only at Walmart (when affordable), and doing a lot more business bartering--guess we will just have to get use to Socialism.

On a positive note, quickly changing gears in life is always a good, mental cleansing thing!
 
Last edited:
Soon, nothing will be worth anything at all--not even GOLD. I am now growing my own vegetables this Spring, shopping only at Walmart (when affordable), and doing a lot more business bartering--guess we will just have to get use to Socialism.

On a positive note, quickly changing gears in life is always a good, mental cleansing thing!

The DQ has arrived. :wave: Good plan.
 
Soon, nothing will be worth anything at all--not even GOLD. I am now growing my own vegetables this Spring, shopping only at Walmart (when affordable), and doing a lot more business bartering--guess we will just have to get use to Socialism.

On a positive note, quickly changing gears in life is always a good, mental cleansing thing!

I could have sworn I saw the word communism here and it scared me! Whew!!

Yep - all is good. I'll trade you some wine for some veggies. I resisted this change, but interestingly once I gave in, amazing doors started opening! All good. ;-)
 
Mark my words: In the near future, the Goodwill and Salvation Army will be the "IT" places for teen fashion.... American Eagle Outfitters, Abercrombie & Fitch and Aeropostale will be sucking wind.

.
 
Last edited:
I did manage to buy gold and silver last fall. Want to buy crude - real crude, but I don't have a commodities account and have been advised on an ETF - what is it - USO, maybe?

Gold - MWAH right now.


Gold and oil for me right now are too early and too unpredictible. Gold to me seems to be in a bit of a bubble, this whole fear trade thing has it up along with the dollar. If the fear subsides, gold might tank. Inflation still seems off in the distance. For an oil play down the road I like DIG, it's a 2x oil company ETF. Also UYM is a nice 2x ETF in basic materials companies.

Overall though, I'm out at the moment, nothing that I watch is moving, it's just a slow slide down. Maybe this week we'll get lucky with a little short term run up. Who knows. I should be shorting, but I'm not confident there either. I've got a very comfortable seat on the sidelines, and I'm not giving it up just yet. :biggrin:
 
What is the best way to buy gold, anyway? I don't think now is the best time to buy it, but the logistics of it are a little confusing to me and I'd like to better understand it. The few articles I read did not make it any clearer to me. I don't think most people keep gold bars in their safes ... do they?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top