• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Looting?!?!?!?!?

New posts
Smiling JOe said:
...People tend to do that which they see others doing. Where are the good stories of kindness, compassion, empathy, assistance, concern, love, giving, etc?

80% of the city's population, (and maybe more) has left. No one much around to create good stories. The people remaining outside of shelters that you see doing this looting are the poorest of the poor and the least educated. Many are drug addicts or dealers. Pharmacies are being cleaned out.

And, yeah, I'd shoot the tourist banker who pilfered the grapes, if only because it took him 12 hours only to resort to pillaging out of "hunger". Wouldn't even blink. Except I don't know how to shoot a gun.
 
Travel2Much said:
...I'd shoot the tourist banker ...Except I don't know how to shoot a gun.

It's a point-and-click interface.

Have you lined up accomodations since you evac-ed? Our rental mgt. company (1-2-1 Vacations) is currently working with it's property owners, encouraging them to convert to long-term at winter rates. Do you have a place to stay?
 
SlowMovin said:
It's a point-and-click interface.

Have you lined up accomodations since you evac-ed? Our rental mgt. company (1-2-1 Vacations) is currently working with it's property owners, encouraging them to convert to long-term at winter rates. Do you have a place to stay?

I bought in SoWal last year, when I had a leave from work (where I had just returned last week, relishing the forthcoming routine). So, I have a furnished house with internet, phone, a/c. Don't care about what people say about a bubble. Don't care what people say about falling house values. This place has earned its value manyfold in the three days. So, I am one of the extremely fortunate ones. Too fortunate. Maybe the next hurricane will get me.

Although I am wandering around SoWal like a stunned zombie. If you look closely, you'll see lots of others.
 
If I were there I'd be chillin' in a St. Charles Mansion sipping someone's 100 dollar a bottle scotch. But without music and open bars who wants to be in NO?
 
Cil said:
Finding

Looting

Interesting use of words.

Very interesting word choices. Are you associating the word choices with skin color?

I think the white girl finding the white bread is going to have some soggy white mush for dinner. Perhaps the black lady will share some of her dry food, which is smartly protected by the Hefty looking trashbag. Or is that a TV in the bag? Just kidding.
 
Smiling JOe said:
Very interesting word choices. Are you associating the word choices with skin color?

I think the white girl finding the white bread is going to have some soggy white mush for dinner. Perhaps the black lady will share some of her dry food, which is smartly protected by the Hefty looking trashbag. Or is that a TV in the bag? Just kidding.

You sayin' that blacks know how to loot better?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top