• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Loggerhead Nested Last Night

New posts
I walked fromn Stallworth Lake to Ed Walline this morning and found a false crawl near the Holiday station. Turtle came up about half way to the toe of the dune and made a body pit and then abruptly left. There is no way of knowing if the sand just didn't feel right or maybe someone bothered her.

We dug looking for eggs and found none.

One of her flippers has to have a deformity judging by her tracks and that may be the problem as well.

I understand that a new nest was found over near Seacrest.
 
A note about digging for Sea Turtle Eggs

You must be on the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, Marine Turtle Permit to be able to disturb a turtle nest at all. My wife and I are on permit #120.

Thought it wise to note this so that folks don't get themselves in trouble trying to do a good deed.
 
Last edited:
Thanks ASH and other volunteers and thanks to the FWC for this invaluable work.
 
I saw a sea turtle this afternoon, swimming at the second sandbar. I was wondering if the only time they come close to shore around here is when they are about to nest. Any idea?
 
I do not know for sure, but have wondered the same thing. I would guess that you are right.
 
This is all fabulous news!! You are doing a great deed, ASH! Thank you!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top