• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Jello shot recipes

New posts

lindatat

quirty
I recommend using a 4 cup (or larger) clear plastic measuring cup. That way you can mix them and pour right into the little cups. You will also need another smaller measuring cup for the liquor. For all the recipes, I use the small packages of Jello. Start with 1 cup of boiling water in the large measuring cup; add the Jello and stir until it?s all dissolved. Then add the liquor and pour into cups. Refrigerate & serve (takes about 4 hours for them to set.) Each batch makes approximately 20 shots (if you use the smaller 1 oz. plastic cups. I think I bought a case of them at Gordon Food Service a while back. They probably have something similar at Costco or Sam's Club.)

Basic Shots:
Any flavor jello (watermelon, orange & berry blue, etc.)
1 cup vodka

Pina Colada:
Pineapple Jello
1 cup coconut rum (Malibu, Parrot Bay, etc.)

Margarita:
Margarita Jello (or lime - can't always find the margarita flavor. Or you can make a double batch using 1 package each of lime and lemon.)
? cup tequilla
? cup Grand Marnier, Cointreau or triple sec

Cosmopolitan:
Cranberry Jello
? cup citrus vodka
? cup Grand Marnier, Cointreau or triple sec

Strawberry Daiquiri:
Strawberry Jello
1 cup dark rum

Sex on the Beach:
Peach Jello
1/3 cup Chambord
1/3 cup Coconut Rum
1/3 cup Midori melon liqueur

Rum Runner:
Strawberry Banana Jello
1/3 cup blackberry brandy
1/3 cup Captain Morgan or Myers Rum
1/3 cup Bacardi 151 Rum
(You can add a few drops of blue food color to make it more purple ? then you can tell it apart from the Cosmo?s.)

Kiddie Jello Shots:
Mix any flavor according to package directions and pour into little cups. Set aside carefully and try not to mix up with the grown-up shots. Do not fall for Lil Pea's or Grayton Kid trying to tell you that there is liquor in them. :oops:
 
Linda, didn't you post these before? I think I printed them out? Now WHERE did I put them? Thanks (in case I've lost my mind--and the recipes!)
 
destindreamin said:
Linda, didn't you post these before? I think I printed them out? Now WHERE did I put them? Thanks (in case I've lost my mind--and the recipes!)

I don't think I posted them, but I probably sent a few people the recipes in a Word doc.
 
lindabobhat said:
I don't think I posted them, but I probably sent a few people the recipes in a Word doc.

I don't remember, but I did print them out. I just found them! They sound wonderful!!
 
Thanks lbh! This will add an extra kick to our Sunday afternoons at the pool!
 
I have a question. Since the only times I have ever done Jello-shots they were made in one of those aluminum pans and were not in those little plastic cups. So, I just used a spoon and ate the whole dam* pan. (Not a good idea by the way). Anyway, does the jello come out on it's own, or you do you have to squeeze the cup to get it to come out? :idontno:
 
kathydwells said:
I have a question. Since the only times I have ever done Jello-shots they were made in one of those aluminum pans and were not in those little plastic cups. So, I just used a spoon and ate the whole dam* pan. (Not a good idea by the way). Anyway, does the jello come out on it's own, or you do you have to squeeze the cup to get it to come out? :idontno:

Only you KD, only you! :wub::lolabove::funn:
 
kathydwells said:
I have a question. Since the only times I have ever done Jello-shots they were made in one of those aluminum pans and were not in those little plastic cups. So, I just used a spoon and ate the whole dam* pan. (Not a good idea by the way). Anyway, does the jello come out on it's own, or you do you have to squeeze the cup to get it to come out? :idontno:

If the shot glass is the right size, you can put on quite a show getting the jello out with your tongue. :rolling:
 
jdarg said:
If the shot glass is the right size, you can put on quite a show getting the jello out with your tongue. :rolling:

You just gave me a great idea Jen-ay. ;-)

My girlfriend makes a drink, and here is the recipe and how you drink it.

Add Kahlua and Bailey's to shot glass, garnish with whipped cream. You cannot use your hands while you shoot this. You must bend over, put shot glass in mouth, tilt head back and down it.

Anyone want to guess the name of this?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top