• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

is cocoons bbq good? is somewhere else better?

New posts

ls2006vacay

Beach Lover
My husband loves bbq - ribs especially. The place we went last year - corkys - is gone. Any suggestions? We live in MD and the bbq isn't too good up there. We've had jim and nicks once and he didn't like the ribs very much. Thanks!
 
Jim and Nick's does not cut the mustard. I am spoiled by my own ribs and those of small joints throughout the south. Good BBQ in Fla is scarce. Beach BBQ on 98 and Dan's in PCB is OK but I have not had ribs at either.
 
30A Skunkape said:
Smiling Joe gives Cocoons the thumbs up. I trust his taste. ;-)
I had one of the bbq sandwiches today, although I thought about getting today's special - a half order of bbq ribs with two sides for $6.99. good stuff.

Sometime around the beginning of July, we are having a BBQ Rib cookoff. :wub:
 
We've had the pulled pork barbecue from Cocoons & it was good!! As for JimN Nicks....they have 2 kinds of ribs....one is good and the other is not!!
I can't recall which is good....but if I find out I will post....We were just talking the other day about the need for a really good mom n pop barbecue spot!!
I never liked Corky's. Used to drive 36 miles round trip to get our favorite barbecue....outside of Nashville....
 
pk305 said:
We've had the pulled pork barbecue from Cocoons & it was good!! As for JimN Nicks....they have 2 kinds of ribs....one is good and the other is not!!
I can't recall which is good....but if I find out I will post....We were just talking the other day about the need for a really good mom n pop barbecue spot!!
I never liked Corky's. Used to drive 36 miles round trip to get our favorite barbecue....outside of Nashville....
Well, you can have your mom n pop bbq spot if you are willing to fork over the cash for Cocoon's, which has been for sale for some time now. Only problem is that you will need to keep all of the customers and raise your prices to about $150 per BBQ sandwich.
 
:biggrin: The Corkys here in Memphis and Cordova has good barbecue. But I actually like the Showboats barbecue that has two locations here better than Corkys. But Memphis is known for its barbecue.

Tops might do well down there. They have good juicy drippy hamburgers also! Ribs! Barbecue chicken! What makes the barbecue good here is the yellow cole slaw, and of course, cannot forget the bbq sauce! Makes the sandwich!
 
Dan's Old South is what God serves in heaven. I would bathe in those beans. Good lord.
 
Kimmifunn said:
Dan's Old South is what God serves in heaven. I would bathe in those beans. Good lord.

Where is this Kimmi? I made some quick chix BBQ to take with, but it is only so-so.
 
jdarg said:
Where is this Kimmi? I made some quick chix BBQ to take with, but it is only so-so.
It's over in Panama City. It's right on 98 on the right side of the street. Not far, right before the old Bingo Hall. If you hit the Chateau Motel sign, you've gone too far. Jfunn actually knows better than I. I'll have her post more directions!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top