• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

I'm cruisin'

New posts

katie blue

kt loo
My in-laws are taking the whole extended family on a cruise next week for their 50th wedding anniversary (:clap_1: 50 years! We should be taking them, but this was their preference.). We're leaving out of Canaveral on a western caribbean route. Ms Kitty, didn't you cruise a few months ago? Do people still dress to the nines on formal nights? Does it even matter? (I might be able to muster dressing to about the sevens, if I'm lucky. My closet is 100% sequin-free, and I generally like it that way. ;-)) If anyone has any advice on anything, I'll gladly take it, as I have no idea what to expect.
 
:clap_1: ...congrats to the bride and groom!!!! 50 years is wonnderful! What cruise line?

KB...you will see everything on formal night, from sequins, cleavage and tuxedos to dresses, pantsuits and and sport jackets. Some people really go all out, while others couldn't be bothered. I would take my lead from the "newlyweds"!
 
Sueshore said:
:clap_1: ...congrats to the bride and groom!!!! 50 years is wonnderful! What cruise line?
Royal Caribbean...the Mariner of the Seas.

Sueshore said:
KB...you will see everything on formal night, from sequins, cleavage and tuxedos to dresses, pantsuits and and sport jackets. Some people really go all out, while others couldn't be bothered. I would take my lead from the "newlyweds"!
Yes, that's probably a good plan. Occurs to me we'll probably be taking a lot of family portraits under the circumstances. And since I'm woefully short on sequins and pantsuits...Off to Macy's to buy me a nice new dress...and maybe some cleavage. :razz:
 
Sueshore said:
:clap_1: ...congrats to the bride and groom!!!! 50 years is wonnderful! What cruise line?

KB...you will see everything on formal night, from sequins, cleavage and tuxedos to dresses, pantsuits and and sport jackets. Some people really go all out, while others couldn't be bothered. I would take my lead from the "newlyweds"!

Ditto, Katie. My family did one last fall and you should have at least 2 dresses but no need for sequins. I brought basic black and 1 pair of heels.

Have fun. We had a blast and great that the whole family was able to get together.
 
KB, I went on a cruise in April and Miss Kitty is right, you see everything. But I didn't really see many sequins, hardly any as a matter of fact. I just took a black summer dress and a black and white jersey type pantsuit. One thing I did do, that I was cautioned not to do was overpack. Big mistake. :bang: I can't seem to help myself.
 
Sounds like funn! I must've married into the wrong family. We adult children paid for the 50th anniversary party last year. We couldn't even get a ride to the airport last week! :roll:
 
You are going to love Mariner of the Seas.:wub:

Went a couple of years ago on the Western caribbean itinerary. I have a list of tips for crusing if you are interested PM me.....:D

I have been on several cruises in the past 2 years and formal night is just as everyone else said, it is almost whatever goes...on my European Cruise this past October I had no clothes, thanks to the DAM French and Air France:bang: :bang: :bang: , and Celebrity was very forgiving about me wearing not so formal attire on formal night. Carnival also was forgiving when the Breast Cancer fundraising parrot head cruise all showed up in TOGAs for one formal night so...

JUST WEAR WHAT YA WANT AND HAVE FUNN!!!!!!
(can i fit in your suitcase???):biggrin:
 
Yes, I'm honestly not that worried about the formal nights,it was just one of several questions in my mind. I'm not used to trips of this nature, with strict itinteraries, etc. It'll be a fun change of pace, I'm sure. thanks for your thoughts.
 
Johnrudy said:
Sounds like funn! I must've married into the wrong family. We adult children paid for the 50th anniversary party last year. We couldn't even get a ride to the airport last week! :roll:

:floor:
 
have funn - and take the overpacking advice. we saw a whole range of outfits on our formal nights, so don't sweat it. what are they gonna do - kick you off the boat ?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top