• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Grocery stores?

New posts

nick9

Beach Crab
Hi, I'm staying at Seagrove Beach for a week starting the 25th and am wondering where the major grocery stores are related to that area. Years ago, I remember having to go all the way in to Destin to get groceries at Bruno's I believe. Are there any larger grocery stores like Publix within a few miles of Seagrove?

Thanks, Nick
 
nick9 said:
Hi, I'm staying at Seagrove Beach for a week starting the 25th and am wondering where the major grocery stores are related to that area. Years ago, I remember having to go all the way in to Destin to get groceries at Bruno's I believe. Are there any larger grocery stores like Publix within a few miles of Seagrove?

Thanks, Nick

There is now a Publix on the road conecting 98 to 30A at the Seagrove intersection. Brand new and very nice. :cool:
 
Yes, there's a brand new Publix right in Seagrove, on 395. There are also new Publix's on either en dof 30-a, in Sandestin and Panama City Beach, both on 98.
 
Don't forget our smaller markets like Modica Market (Seaside) and Grayton General Store (intersection of 30-A and DeFuniak Street in Grayton). Modica Market still offers a great selection of specialty items not found elsewhere. And the General Store has a pretty good selection now, including daily fresh Crispy Cremes and the New York Times. A bit more expensive, but not so bad considering gasoline prices and the value one places on their leisure time.
 
RiverOtter said:
Can we just go ahead and state for the record that Publix is the best (non organic) grocery store in the U.S. :idontno:
Yes Otter we can!!!!!! :clap_1: ha ha ha :biggrin:
 
Publix has been good for years, at least since 1972 from my experience. As a native Atlantan, I was surprised at how much better Publix stores were in a small city like Gainesville than those in Atlanta at that point in time. It was great being a student living near the University of Florida golf course and within walking distance of a Publix. Hey, it was/is also great ... to be ... a Florida Gator. But I digress. Sorry.

Nevertheless, if I can purchase something at Modica, I buy it there just to support the unique atmosphere and impeccable service there. Mr. Modica is so awesome, and if that store were to fail, it would be a huge blow to the upscale character of 30-A. If I can't find something at Modica or Goatfeathers, *then* I go to Publix.
 
Last edited:
According to a manager we talked to, the Modicas are responsible for a good chunk of the organics/Greenwise section at the Destin Publix, and probably the Walton County stores as well. I'm not sure exactly how that relationship works, but it was mentioned to us when we asked why a couple products we loved were discontinued.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top