• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Crabbing Places

New posts
Landlocked said:
I'll stay away from the tax collector. I usually don't get along with them very well. Thanks for the online info. That makes things easier

By the way - my friend pulled in 5 snapper the other day - kind of slow. Might be partly due to the 12 foot Hammerhead next to the boat, while a mile off Blue Mountain Beach.

It was probably only 10 feet. . . . You know fishermen. or in this case - fisherwoman.
 
I'd love to have the numbers on that spot! 1 mile out. That's great. If they had a hammerhead near the boat, I'm surprised they got anything in the boat at all. Dolphins have also ruined my trips in the past.
 
Smiling JOe said:
Sorry for giving you bad info. Thanks for the correction Kurt.

I didn't know either until a couple of weeks ago when we were posting about it. I guess it's time to get the lifetime.
 
Thanks for all the tips. I had the best luck on a dock near the inlet at Western Lake off 283. We caught 12 nice sized males ...6 each day in about an hour near dusk. We used partially (mostly) eaten Hooter's wings as bait.
 
murphdog said:
Thanks for all the tips. I had the best luck on a dock near the inlet at Western Lake off 283. We caught 12 nice sized males ...6 each day in about an hour near dusk. We used partially (mostly) eaten Hooter's wings as bait.

So the wings are also attractive, just like I tell the girls. :floor:
 
For years we've just went out on the beach after dark with flashlights, a bucket and some nets, caught TONS of little white crabs. Fun for the kids, catch and release of course. However, over spring break we took a bunch of kids out crabbing and didn't see one freak'n crab. Not one ... was it to early, cold .. does that matter?
 
cassie said:
For years we've just went out on the beach after dark with flashlights, a bucket and some nets, caught TONS of little white crabs. Fun for the kids, catch and release of course. However, over spring break we took a bunch of kids out crabbing and didn't see one freak'n crab. Not one ... was it to early, cold .. does that matter?

Ghost crabs - probably too early. If you see their holes in the daytime, then you should find them around there at night.

BRAocypode-19.jpg
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top