• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

britneys baby blunder

New posts

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
oops :eek:


Britney is going to have another one????

(this is the first time I linked to a word, hope it works)
 
It worked, good job!!! :clap_1: Britney needs to take some "Mommy" classes!!!!! :eek: :eek: :roll:
 
I'm not a Britney fan but I think the press should just lay off. Personally, if I had a baby I would have a hard time putting them in the back seat facing the rear. You can't see if they are choking or what. Unfortunately, having a baby doesn't come with an instruction manual. She is young and just doesn't understand all the things that can go wrong, which is probably a blessing. I was 31 when I had my son, and I had heard way too many stories about freak accidents. As a result, I was overly protective and a nervous wreck; the main reason I had only one kid. Sometimes I joke with my mom and tell her she didn't love us because they allowed us to sleep in the floorboard or climb up in the back window, sometimes we would ride in my dad's truck sitting on the tailgate swinging our legs. :eek: How did we ever make it. :idontno:
 
well said, thanks for making me think....
dbuck said:
I'm not a Britney fan but I think the press should just lay off. Personally, if I had a baby I would have a hard time putting them in the back seat facing the rear. You can't see if they are choking or what. Unfortunately, having a baby doesn't come with an instruction manual. She is young and just doesn't understand all the things that can go wrong, which is probably a blessing. I was 31 when I had my son, and I had heard way too many stories about freak accidents. As a result, I was overly protective and a nervous wreck; the main reason I had only one kid. Sometimes I joke with my mom and tell her she didn't love us because they allowed us to sleep in the floorboard or climb up in the back window, sometimes we would ride in my dad's truck sitting on the tailgate swinging our legs. :eek: How did we ever make it. :idontno:
 
dbuck said:
I'm not a Britney fan but I think the press should just lay off. Personally, if I had a baby I would have a hard time putting them in the back seat facing the rear. You can't see if they are choking or what. Unfortunately, having a baby doesn't come with an instruction manual. She is young and just doesn't understand all the things that can go wrong, which is probably a blessing. I was 31 when I had my son, and I had heard way too many stories about freak accidents. As a result, I was overly protective and a nervous wreck; the main reason I had only one kid. Sometimes I joke with my mom and tell her she didn't love us because they allowed us to sleep in the floorboard or climb up in the back window, sometimes we would ride in my dad's truck sitting on the tailgate swinging our legs. :eek: How did we ever make it. :idontno:

actually i agree with you on this - no one is perfect as a first time parent, and this is probably the first time she has had to be responsible for anything, including herself. you brought back fond childhood memories of riding in the car with mom standing in the front seat beside her :shock: and riding in the hatchback of papaw's vega :shock: the press is so bad about just waiting for these celebs to make a mistake. they are only human like the rest of us.
tom cruise on the other hand doesn't count - he isn't human !:rolling:
 
audie said:
actually i agree with you on this - no one is perfect as a first time parent, and this is probably the first time she has had to be responsible for anything, including herself.
True, but what's different now from when we were growing up is the laws--there are safety laws now that didn't exist then. So, even though so many of us survived in a more lax time, those of us who are parents now are forced to do things differently.
I have a friend who has a phrase when someone complains about something that can't be changed--"Sucks to be you!" That's what I say to Britney--with the fame comes public exposure, which means, fair or not, you'd better not do something foolish (especially invovling a child), or the whole world will see it and critique it! Sucks to be you. :idontno:
 
dbuck said:
I'm not a Britney fan but I think the press should just lay off. Personally, if I had a baby I would have a hard time putting them in the back seat facing the rear. You can't see if they are choking or what. Unfortunately, having a baby doesn't come with an instruction manual. She is young and just doesn't understand all the things that can go wrong, which is probably a blessing. I was 31 when I had my son, and I had heard way too many stories about freak accidents. As a result, I was overly protective and a nervous wreck; the main reason I had only one kid. Sometimes I joke with my mom and tell her she didn't love us because they allowed us to sleep in the floorboard or climb up in the back window, sometimes we would ride in my dad's truck sitting on the tailgate swinging our legs. :eek: How did we ever make it. :idontno:

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE 1930's 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's !




First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while
they
carried us.




They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't
get tested for diabetes.







As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.




Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special
treat.




We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.




We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE
actually died from this




We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soda pop with
sugar in it, but
we weren't overweight because


WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING...

and we knew we'd better be inside
when the streetlights came on.




No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.




We would spend hours building our go-carts out of ! scraps and then ride
down
the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the
bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.


We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at
all, no
99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no cell
phones, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat
rooms..........WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!


We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no
lawsuits from these accidents.


We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in
us forever.


We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays,
made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it
would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or
rang the bell, or just yelled for them!


Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who
didn't
had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!


The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of.
They
actually sided with the law!


This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem
solvers
and inventors ever!


The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.


We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned


HOW TO
DEAL WITH IT ALL!
 
peapod1980 said:
True, but what's different now from when we were growing up is the laws--there are safety laws now that didn't exist then. So, even though so many of us survived in a more lax time, those of us who are parents now are forced to do things differently.
I have a friend who has a phrase when someone complains about something that can't be changed--"Sucks to be you!" That's what I say to Britney--with the fame comes public exposure, which means, fair or not, you'd better not do something foolish (especially invovling a child), or the whole world will see it and critique it! Sucks to be you. :idontno:

true pea, you be true.... i guess i kinda feel sorry for her in this respect because i can't imagine what a horrible mother i would be. there's a reason i dont' have kids......
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top