• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

American Idol

New posts
Beach Runner said:
They should have kept Paris. From my few viewings of the show, she seemed the strongest to me. And she's from FAYetteville, GA, near my hometown - all the better!

IMHO, that is. :funn:

I really like Paris too. such natural talent. I don't know why she went so early. Both Taylor and Katharine were great tonight I thought but I can't carry a tune with a bag so certainly no expert.
 
ladydebubba60 said:
Taylor is kicking butt with Takin It To The Streets by Michael McDonald. He has the perfect voice for his songs.
Great performance, but to me his pitch is always just *slightly* flat - it hurts me.
 
Not easy to perform I am sure in front of a tv audience of around 40 million and probably 5,000 people live! So I would have to say they do pretty well, show no nervousness.
 
Very close! But it is ending like I expected. Down to Taylor and Katharine of course. Pretty much what everyone might have expected although several though Chris would still be in, I did too a little bit. Oh well.
 
Cork On the Ocean said:
Knew it! did you see how close it was. I kinda feel bad but he said he wanted to get his teeth fixed if he won but I heard today that he's had 25 dentists offer to do them gratis so he's gonna be fine. Good Job and his mom looked so happy and cute.
Alright, I called the Hippies to win the Amazing Race, and most recently, Taylor to win AI, although once I said that he was too old to win a teen event. From the sound of the songs which these guys sing, I think the audience of AI has changed greatly -- maybe they aren't so heavily weighted to the teenie boppers.

It is pretty obvious that unless Taylor screws up in the finals, he will sail past Katharine.
 
ladydebubba60 said:
Not easy to perform I am sure in front of a tv audience of around 40 million and probably 5,000 people live! So I would have to say they do pretty well, show no nervousness.
Live vocals are never perfect, a little off key some times, here & there. It's the engineers that make it sound perfect. (but I'm no expert in this field by any means.) I always thought the whole reason for AI is to find "potential" talent someone that can become an American Idol. I don't think they're supposed to walk off the stage as perfectly in key or sophisticated entertainers or musicians. Just my inexperienced opinion.
 
Smiling JOe said:
Alright, I called the Hippies to win the Amazing Race, and most recently, Taylor to win AI, although once I said that he was too old to win a teen event. From the sound of the songs which these guys sing, I think the audience of AI has changed greatly -- maybe they aren't so heavily weighted to the teenie boppers.

It is pretty obvious that unless Taylor screws up in the finals, he will sail past Katharine.

I'm with you on the hippies. Love them! When do we get to know?
Ditto on the Taylor thing. He's the man.
 
Cork On the Ocean said:
I'm with you on the hippies. Love them! When do we get to know?
Ditto on the Taylor thing. He's the man.
You do know. They won tonight while you guys were wasting an hour to find out that Taylor and Katharine won this week. :funn:The Amazing Race was a special two hour humdinger of a show.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top