Chiofam
Beach Comber
Okay, you may laugh if you want. I am a newbie to the area.
We've been to the area a handful of times, and are moving permanently next month. We live within walking distance of the Choctawatchee Bay (forgive spelling). I've heard rumors that alligators sometimes swim in there and will come out and EAT YOUR DOG!!!!!!!!
Bear with me, I'm from Ohio where we have nothing much to fear but poison ivy. We have a Puggle who is quite loved by our 3 boys. Speaking of which, should I be concerned about my children, ages 6, 10, 11? I'm also concerned about the wild boar, and poisonous snakes. We are on a rather unpopulated street, and I'm terrified to let my children out to play. Someone told us to get a cat and keep it outside and it will keep the snakes away. Wont the snakes just bite it? Can someone either put my mind at ease, or tell me how concerned I should be? I don't want to be paranoid, but also don't want to be naive.
Bear with me, I'm from Ohio where we have nothing much to fear but poison ivy. We have a Puggle who is quite loved by our 3 boys. Speaking of which, should I be concerned about my children, ages 6, 10, 11? I'm also concerned about the wild boar, and poisonous snakes. We are on a rather unpopulated street, and I'm terrified to let my children out to play. Someone told us to get a cat and keep it outside and it will keep the snakes away. Wont the snakes just bite it? Can someone either put my mind at ease, or tell me how concerned I should be? I don't want to be paranoid, but also don't want to be naive.