• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

2008 Gulf Sturgeon Tagging

New posts

ASH

Beach Fanatic
10-12-2008: Choctawhatchee River

dscn1595.jpg


Gulf Sturgeon being weighed as part of data collection. This one was around 40 pounds.

dscn1586.jpg


This is Tiffany, a college Senior from Pensacola who is studying Marine Biology holding that 40 pounder. In the background to left is fellow volunteer Ricky and to the right is Frank Parauka with US Fish and Wildlife.

dscn1584.jpg


Retired, but still going strong, is Tom Stiles.

dscn1588.jpg


Yeah, they hadda talk me into posing with the poor thing just before we put him back. Note Tiffany attempting to get out of the picture. LOL! Almost went for a swim in the holding tank.

dscn1594.jpg


this was the prize. 6'4 and 120 pounds. This pretty lady was fitted with a beacon that will be able to help track her movements for the next 5 years. She was full of eggs, although not finished developing. Maybe next year.

Enjoy! :clap:
 
Great photos Ash! Wow :shock: what a fish! Could you share with us what it is that you do? You seem very involved with Marine life ...just curious.
This is me... always wondering....:roll:


Good to meet you Sat. night. :wave:
 
I sell Marvin Windows and Doors. Nothing to do with marine biology.

I just live in an area that makes me feel very blessed and am always trying to find ways to give back. I wish I didn't need to work at all and could spend all my time shifting from one volunteer crew to another. Always learning something new, meeting new people and never boring. :cool:
 
Thanks for sharing Ash, grayt pictures!!:clap: As a kid I wanted to major in marine biology, just wasn't that great in biology!!:biggrin:
 
I sell Marvin Windows and Doors. Nothing to do with marine biology.

This made me chuckle...I don't know why :lolabove:

I just live in an area that makes me feel very blessed and am always trying to find ways to give back. I wish I didn't need to work at all and could spend all my time shifting from one volunteer crew to another. Always learning something new, meeting new people and never boring. :cool

:What you do is very cool. Thanks for being on this board and sharing your experiences with us.
 
They don't hold a candle to your own work, but I try. I told Frank how you posted to get peoples attention and he had no idea who Smiling Joe was. He wanted to say thanks though.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top