• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Vote No on 2

New posts
I say get rid of marriage altogether. It only seems to screw up most people's lives. People have gotten pretty lousy at making/keeping commitments.
 
There are many variations, interpretations, and revisions to the Bible. It is being interpreted every day currently. The New King James Bible is one of many. Swampfox, clearly you have your own interpretation which you feel is far superior to everyone else's on this board. And, you show disdain for all who do not meet your self imposed holiness. It seems to me, after having to endure all your posts, you are flirting with one of the seven deadly sins, Pride. WHO are you to judge? Isn't God the judge? Are you the only one on this board who has a relationship with the Lord? Is everyone else here wrong?


Who have I judged? Find me one quote wherE I have judged. Its clear to those who read the bible ( any reconized revision that you can find, where GOD stands on sin. If you know me then you would clearly be able to tell that I am not a proud man. Havent I been picked on for my spelling and grammer? You are the only one that knows if you have a relationship with GOD and what kind of relationship you have. As a Christian we are charged by GOD to share his word and not mislead. By me quoting the Bible I am not Judging or name calling. I am stating what the Bible says. Im sorry if you feel judged by my quoting the of Bible. I am not perfect my sin is no greater or less then yours. But I am not the one on here tring to justify a sin. I am speaking out against sin. I need GOD more then anything. Before you accuse me of judging you really need to read all my posts. No where any where have I judged. Its only my place to love you and have compassion for you 1 COR 13. Its one of my biggest verses.

I do understand however the HATE, that other so called christians have expressed, when adressing homsexuality. Just beacuse I come to you as a christian and I quote from a PERFECT Book(no matter how old it is, you cant find fault in it) Does not mean that I share their entire message. There is only one great sin and its not sexual immorality. All the others are the same. I am guilty of turning my back on GOD and embrasing sexual immorality. But as I grew in my relationship with GOD I also realized how empty my sexual immorality actually is. And now with my wife as I know her, Nothing that is immoral can compare. We all have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. and to the accuser ( Satan) who uses our sin to condem us I rebuke him in the name of JESUS right now. To ask one who has lived a perfect life to come and preach, is 2008 years too late. All we have now is Generals from the battlefield of the world to bring into light the truth. And the the other is gift of the Holy Spirit.


IF ANYONE FEELS AS THOUGH I WAS JUDGMENTAL, I AM SORRY. PLEASE DO NOT CONFUSE MY STRONG CONVICTIONS WITH JUGMENTALISM. THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE. I AM IN NO POSITION TO CAST THE FIRST STONE, HOWEVER I AM IN A POSITION AS CHARGED BY CHRIST TO SHARE THE TRUTH. VOTE YES ON ADMENDMENT # 2

Now if we arguing in a religous perspective as many posts have on the contrary to my posts, can we find anywhere in the bible where homosexuality is approved of? Can we find anywhere in the bible where a marriage is not refered to as a union between Christ and his Church, or a union between a man and a woman. in pointing these FACTS out in support of the truth I am not being judgmental, but I will apploigize for it none the less, because I am not proud.
 
Last edited:
Who have I judged? Find me one quote wherE I have judged. Its clear to those who read the bible ( any reconized revision that you can find, where GOD stands on sin. If you know me then you would clearly be able to tell that I am not a proud man. Havent I been picked on for my spelling and grammer? You are the only one that knows if you have a relationship with GOD and what kind of relationship you have. As a Christian we are charged by GOD to share his word and not mislead. By me quoting the Bible I am not Judging or name calling. I am stating what the Bible says. Im sorry if you feel judged by my quoting the of Bible. I am not perfect my sin is no greater or less then yours. But I am not the one on here tring to justify a sin.

Who says it's a sin? I don't think it's a sin. I don't even believe in the concept of 'sin'. Do you have a problem with that?

Now if we arguing in a religous perspective as many posts have on the contrary to my posts, can we find anywhere in the bible where homosexuality is approved of? Can we find anywhere in the bible where a marriage is not refered to as a union between Christ and his Church, or a union between a man and a woman. in pointing these FACTS out in support of the truth I am not being judgmental, but I will apploigize for it none the less, because I am not proud.

If I don't follow your religion, how can you justify forcing its rules upon me?
 
Last edited:
Who says it's a sin? I don't think it's a sin. I don't even believe in the concept of 'sin'. Do you have a problem with that?



If I don't follow your religion, how can you justify forcing its rules upon me?



coming into this real late arnt you? That was my responce to questions reguarding the Bible because MY point of view is a biblical one and I have been challenged countless times on that and the only way for me to support my argment is biblically. Any way I can justify it the same as you can by forcing me to reconize marriage in and unGODLY light. I follow my faith, how can you justify forcing worldly views on me?
 
coming into this real late arnt you? That was my responce to questions reguarding the Bible because MY point of view is a biblical one and I have been challenged countless times on that and the only way for me to support my argment is biblically. Any way I can justify it the same as you can by forcing me to reconize marriage in and unGODLY light. I follow my faith, how can you justify forcing worldly views on me?

I don't believe providing the opportunity for a legal form of union (in terms of protection under the laws, tax benefits, etc..) forces you to accept anything. That is a decision you and your church make. You do not have to recognize same sex unions as being good or holy. Your religion is still free to proclaim it as sinful. But under state law, the state of Florida should not enforce your churches views on people who do not subscribe to your faith. That is the essence of what Amendment 2 attempts to do. Remember, the Amendment does not force your church or you to accept anything. This is an Amendment that forces everyone else to accept your world view. Please remember that when you vote today.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top