• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Bridesmaid Brunch Location Suggestions

New posts
I feel the love! I got my invitation yesterday. It's going to be really funn. Any new details on the luncheon?

Kurt...trying to keep it GenIn.
 
I think I feel a story coming on. On my first and very short marriage, Mom was totally stressed out and mad at the country club. As an alternative and an insult (to them), she wanted to have the rehearsal dinner at the Greyhound Bus Depot Cafe on Old Highway 90 in DeFuniak Springs. Dad had a fit and fell into it over this. Said we couldn't have a decent soiree at that cafe for the screen door slapping and the hiss of air brakes, not to mention the old owner sauntering around with his double-barrel shotgun in his arms. (This was in the day of the Freedom Riders, you see.) Needless to say, we had the event at the country club, after all. Twas droll.

I've since rather regreted that we didn't choose the Bus Stop Cafe, after all, which might have been more in keeping with the dynamics of the marriage. I've always said the divorce was more successful than the marriage. God knows, it's lasted longer. :oops: The end.

Kimmi, this is NOT a suggestion!
 
Donna said:
I think I feel a story coming on. On my first and very short marriage, Mom was totally stressed out and mad at the country club. As an alternative and an insult (to them), she wanted to have the rehearsal dinner at the Greyhound Bus Depot Cafe on Old Highway 90 in DeFuniak Springs. Dad had a fit and fell into it over this. Said we couldn't have a decent soiree at that cafe for the screen door slapping and the hiss of air brakes, not to mention the old owner sauntering around with his double-barrel shotgun in his arms. (This was in the day of the Freedom Riders, you see.) Needless to say, we had the event at the country club, after all. Twas droll.

I've since rather regreted that we didn't choose the Bus Stop Cafe, after all, which might have been more in keeping with the dynamics of the marriage. I've always said the divorce was more successful than the marriage. God knows, it's lasted longer. :oops: The end.




Kimmi, this is NOT a suggestion!



Donna,

Please write the book! I can't wait.:clap_1:
 
Oh Donna...that was priceless!!! :funn: Like gttbm says...git ta writin'!!!!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top