• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Other New 30A Home Construction Cost

New posts
I’m looking to build a custom home on property I own in Inlet Beach north of 98, and am currently working with a local architect on plans. House isn’t in a flood zone, lot will need to be partially cleared and is relatively level, 800ish sq ft existing cottage will be a teardown. House will be on a monolithic slab, will be approx 3k sq ft on a single level, metal roof with a simple roofline (no bumpouts etc), L or J shape with screened pool/patio area. I don’t plan to start construction until late next year. Any estimates on what I should expect to pay per sq ft, so I can have my heart attack and recover before building starts?
For various reasons (Thanks husband‘s job for suddenly transferring us to a new state! Thanks COVID!) we haven’t even started our construction, and now that we’re ready, I hear that prices of wood, etc are skyrocketing. The home will be custom and around 3k sf heated and cooled plus a 720sf guest house, so I’m afraid to even ask what the sf costs for building are right now! although ... I’m asking ...
 
We have friends that are building. Around 2500 SF. Higher end finishes. Around $400 SF. It can be hard getting windows, appliances and other components.
 
For various reasons (Thanks husband‘s job for suddenly transferring us to a new state! Thanks COVID!) we haven’t even started our construction, and now that we’re ready, I hear that prices of wood, etc are skyrocketing. The home will be custom and around 3k sf heated and cooled plus a 720sf guest house, so I’m afraid to even ask what the sf costs for building are right now! although ... I’m asking ...
IB
Couple of questions:
Where
What kind of construction (stick frame, CMU walls, ICF, poured walls)
What level of finishes

jkmason is correct that materials are hard to come by right now as e are on the backside of the covid wave.
Just reach out if we can help we will or we can point you in the right direction
 
IB
Couple of questions:
Where
What kind of construction (stick frame, CMU walls, ICF, poured walls)
What level of finishes

jkmason is correct that materials are hard to come by right now as e are on the backside of the covid wave.
Just reach out if we can help we will or we can point you in the right direction
Inlet Beach, north of 98; stick or icf, need to educate myself more on icf tbh; mid to high level finishes. We have roughly 2.5 acres to build on.
 
Last edited:
Inlet Beach, north of 98; stick or icf, need to educate myself more on icf tbh; mid to high level finishes. We have roughly 2.5 acres to build on.
IB
Figure between $275 and $350 per sqft depending on finishes, $50k for a pool (if desired), site that big may require additional sitework costs (long underground runs, more landscaping, long driveway, ect)
This will get you a stick built house with cement board siding, metal roof, decent windows, mid to high finishes, hardwood floors, some wood walls, ect
Hope this helps
 
I am bumping this again, as 151 people looked at it but no one answered :sosad:
Maybe I can broaden my question. How much does it cost to build (price per square foot) in Walton county? Did you build a house? If so, how long ago? What did it cost? Thank you!
How much does a car cost?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top